Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
Electronics and Communication Engineering, one of the most challenging yet progressive fields in today’s electronics-equipped world, offers an array of opportunities to those who make the best out of the quick-pick and play of the scope. SVEC’s Electronics and Communication Engineering department was established in the year 1996 with an intake of 60 in B.Tech, followed by an increase to 120 in the year 2000, 180 and 240 in the year 2013 & 2014 respectively. The Department offers three PG programs with specializations Digital Electronics and Communication Systems (DECS), VLSI and Communication Systems (CMS).
Being recognized as a Research Centre for Ph.D. Program from the academic year 2013-14 by JNTUA, Anantapur, the Department houses full-time Ph.D. scholars, while the B.Tech. program in ECE and two M. Tech programs have been accreditated by NBA. The department is well-equipped with exceptional classrooms and state-of-the-art laboratories to enable students to imbibe better practical knowledge, further enhancing their scope to perform better in their career. The department’s student technical forum – Association of Communication Majors and Enthusiasts (ACME) organizes co-curricular, extra-curricular activities like Seminars, Quiz, Group Discussions, painting competitions, Debates, Mock Interviews and Aptitude Tests, extension activities, women empowerment activities regularly to enable the students to excel in their natural aptitudes.
To be a center of excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering through teaching and research producing high quality engineering professionals with values and ethics to meet local and global demands.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is established with the cause of creating competent professionals to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary environments.
- Imparting knowledge through contemporary curriculum and striving for development of students with diverse background.
- Inspiring students and faculty members for innovative research through constant interaction with research organizations and industry to meet societal needs.
- Developing skills for enhancing employability of students through comprehensive training process.
- Imbibing ethics and values in students for effective engineering practice.
1. I B.Tech
1. Technical English (14BT1HS01)
2. Engineering Chemistry (14BT1BS02)
3. Engineering Physics (14BT1BS01)
4. Mathematical Methods (14BT1BS04)
5. Engineering Mathematics (14BT1BS03)
6.Programming in C and Data Structure (14BT1ES0)
7. Computer Aided Engineering Drawing (14BT1ES03)
2. II B.Tech I Semester
ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY (14BT30231)
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES (14BT3HS01)
NETWORK ANALYSIS (14BT30232)
PROBABILITY AND STOCHASTIC PROCESSES (14BT30401)
SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES AND CIRCUITS (14BT30402)
SPECIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPLEX ANALYSIS(14BT3BS02)
The Department of ECE has 52 faculty members out of which 06 are Professors, 11 are Assoc. Professors and 35 are Assistant professors. While, 16 faculty members are Ph.D. holders and 16 faculty members are pursuing their Ph.D., the remaining have a minimum qualification of M. Tech. The Department is also supported with 11 non-teaching staff.