B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Computer Science and Engineering arena has been overlapping all other career verticals, for CSE is the most important bridging resource and an exquisite tool for discovery. CSE throws open exclusive yet exciting career offers that are intellectually challenging yet have an exceptional growth scope. Right from addictive games to interesting bioinformatics and robots, CSE is one arena that frequently touch-bases with fields like data security, cloud computing, mobile applications and social networks.
SVEC’s CSE department was established in the year 1996 with a modest intake of 60 into B.Tech (CSE). Gradually the intake of students increased to 120 in the year 2000; 180 in the year 2013 and 240 in the year 2014, alongside an additional 20% of intake under lateral entry scheme for Diploma holders. SVEC also offers two PG programs M.Tech (Computer Science) with an intake of 36 and M.Tech (Computer Networks and Information Security) with an intake of 18.
The CSE department in SVEC is well equipped all the necessary capabilities to deliver extensive knowledge to the students by conducting Guest Lectures, Expert Lectures, Seminars, Workshops, Add-on courses, technical symposiums/conferences conducted by SVEC as well as other organizations. The part of learning in SVEC comes with a special mentor guiding a batch of 15 students, enhancing academic and career excellence.
The Department’s student technical association – Computer Engineers technical association (CETA) organizes co-curricular and extra-curricular activities regularly, to keep the spirit of the students high. About 500 alumni of the Department have been placed through the placement and training center of the College during the last five years. The alumni of CSE who have imbibed ethics, human values and professionalism have made their mark in reputed organizations in India and Abroad.
To become a Centre of Excellence in Computer Science and Engineering by imparting high quality education through teaching, training and research.
- The department of Computer Science and Engineering is a established to provide undergraduate and graduate education in the field of Computer Science and engineering to students with diverse background in foundations of software and hardware through a broad curriculum and strongly focused on developing advanced knowledge to become future leaders.
- Create knowledge of advanced concepts, innovative technologies and develop research aptitude for contributing to the needs of industry and society.
- Develop professional and soft skills for improved knowledge and employability of students.
- Encourage students to engage in life-long learning to create awareness of the contemporary developments in computer science and engineering to become outstanding professionals.
- Develop attitude for ethical and social responsibilities in professional practice at regional, National and International levels.
1. I B.Tech
Engineering Chemistry (14BT1BS02)
Engineering Physics (14BT1BS01)
Mathematical Methods (14BT1BS04)
Engineering Mathematics (14BT1BS03)
Problem Solving and Computer Programming (14BT1ES02)
Computer Aided Engineering Drawing (14BT1ES03)
2. II B.Tech I Semester
PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS (14BT3BS03)
DATA STRUCTURES (14BT30501)
DIGITAL LOGIC DESIGN (14BT30502)
DISCRETE MATHEMATICAL STRUCTURES (14BT31201)
BASIC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (14BT30235)
ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS (14BT30431)
I B.Tech – Academic Calendar (2016-17)
II B.Tech II Sem (2016-17) Academic Calendar
III B.Tech II Sem (2016-17) Academic Calendar
The CSE Department in SVEC hosts 50 exceptionally trained faculty members who come with expertise and excellence in academics. While 15 faculty members are Ph.D. holders and 17 faculty members are pursuing their Ph.D., the remaining have a minimum qualification of M.Tech. The Department is also supported with 10 non-teaching staff that plays an important role in shaping the future of our CSE students.