M.Tech – Digital Electronics and Communication Systems (DECS)
SVEC’s Electronics and Communication Engineering Department was established in the year 1996. The Department offers one UG Program B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and three PG programs with specializations Digital Electronics and Communication Systems (DECS) started in the year 2008, VLSI in the year 2009 and Communication Systems (CMS) in the year 2011 with an intake of 18 in each program. The intake in VLSI & CMS was increased to 24 in the year 2012 & 2013 respectively. JNTUA, Anantapur has recognized the Department of ECE as Research Centre for Ph.D. Program from the academic year 2013-14. Full-time Ph.D. scholars are pursuing their Ph.D in this center.
To be a centre of excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering through teaching and research producing high quality engineering professionals with values and ethics to meet local and global demands.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is established with the cause of creating competent professionals to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary environments.
- Imparting knowledge through contemporary curriculum and striving for development of students with diverse background.
- Inspiring students and faculty members for innovative research through constant interaction with research organizations and industry to meet societal needs.
- Developing skills for enhancing employability of students through comprehensive training process.
- Imbibing ethics and values in students for effective engineering practice.
The Department of ECE has 52 faculty members out of which 06 are Professors, 11 are Assoc. Professors and 35 are Assistant professors. While, 16 faculty members are Ph.D. holders and 16 faculty members are pursuing their Ph.D., the remaining have a minimum qualification of M. Tech. The Department is also supported with 11 non-teaching staff.