Mechanical Engineering (ME)
India is waiting to embrace some exceptional Mechanical Engineering talent. Mechanical Engineering is one such most intricate industry that is taking bigger steps in initiating research across Power Generation, Renewable Energy, Aerospace Engineering, Nano Technology, Machinery Development, Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Smart Materials and Computer Integrated Manufacturing. SVEC’s Mechanical Engineering department was established in 2011 with an intake of 60, followed by an increase of 180 post AICTE permit. The college holds for itself a special place in the list of best Mechanical engineering colleges located in South India.
In order to give students an exclusive exposure to the most important knowledge transfer sessions, the Department regularly conducts symposiums, technical paper contests at the National level, guest lectures by experts, alongside creating the technical association Creative Association for Mechanical Engineering Students (CAMS) to enhance organizing skills and to take out hidden talents in student. A special forum “Student Chapter of SAE India” executed by the department, inculcates acquaintance in ongoing research works and latest technological developments.
To setup global guidance in the vicinity of Mechanical Engineering and develop technological base for attaining self-reliance through education, research and training.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering is established to provide students with a sound Mechanical Engineering education, advance the understanding and application of Mechanical Engineering principles to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Engage and impart knowledge to the students for innovative, high-impact and leading edge research and development of modern Mechanical Engineering science through contemporary curriculum.
- Maintain a collegial, supportive, and diverse environment that encourages students, faculty, and staff to achieve to the best of their abilities.
- Serve our students by teaching them problem solving, leadership and teamwork skills, and the value of a commitment, quality and ethical behavior for their employability.
- Serve the community and industry through proactive knowledge exchange.
1. I B.Tech
1. Technical English (14BT1HS01)
2. Engineering Chemistry (14BT1BS02)
3. Engineering Physics (14BT1BS01)
4. Engineering Mathematics (14BT1BS03)
5. Engineering Mechanics (14BT10301)
6.Programming in C and Data Structure (14BT1ES0)
7. Computer Aided Engineering Drawing (14BT1ES03)
2. II B.Tech I Semester
3. II B.Tech II Semester
The department is presently headed by Prof Dr K.C Varaprasad, who comes with 16 years in rich teaching experience and enormous work experience. The department currently houses 6 Professors and 9 Associate Professors with Ph.D qualifications and 30 Assistant Professors with M.Tech qualification, continuously striving to equip students with the necessary knowledge to lay a good foundation for a better future.
- Guest or Expert lecture
- Skill development program
- Staff Development programme
- Workshops and IPRs